There Are a Ton of Great Ways to Give Back to the Petaluma Community this Holiday Season
With deep roots in our community, our King family loves to be out and about, exploring new businesses, and participating in local events. We love to see Petaluma and the surrounding Sonoma County thrive, so we recognize just how important it is to put in as much (if not more!) effort and time as we get out of loving our lives here. The holidays are a perfect season to reflect on what we can do to give back with the myriad groups, organizations, and support that help our community’s most vulnerable.
Here are just a few of the ways we like to support the Petaluma community all year round!
Our Favorite Ways to Give Back:
- We are long-time supporters, sponsors & even coaches for youth sports!
- Petaluma Education Foundation — Supports our local schools in the classrooms and provides scholarships for high school students. Peg and Jeremy are proud to provide scholarships to students of all of Petaluma’s High Schools every year!
- Committee of the Shelterless (COTS) — Provides stable, safe, and affordable housing for the homeless. Peg is a long-time supporter by providing the program with a home to rent to families with low-income wages.
- Sponsor special events in the community and schools. Look for our logo on a lot of banners!
- UnaVida — Provides year-round help to the Petaluma community with clothing, food, and opportunities to thrive. They prepare weekly food deliveries, a community market, a “free” sale, and more. Peg and Jeremy enjoy contributing and delivering Thanksgiving and holiday donations for those in need with the help of UnaVida.
There are many opportunities in Petaluma for volunteerism & financial support. We hope you will take a minute and choose one or two programs to support during this season and throughout the year!